ACCESS GUIDELINES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Only members of an Artemisa User Group (UG) can access Artemisa.
- Each UG has an applicant who will apply for access of the whole group in each four-month call. Once the application is approved the applicant will be in charge of registering the group members and will act as contact person for the group.
- The UG members have to be part of a research project funded by competitive calls of the European Commission, the Spanish Government or the Valencia Autonomous Community and in force at the moment of the application. The Principal Research of the project will be identified by the applicant during the application process.
An Artemisa UG does not necessarily correspond to a UV research group (GIUV), but its members should carry out research and innovation activities that relate to each other.
- Calls for applications will be issued every fourth months (three times a year).
- The applicant has to register first in the intranet of Artemisa, then confirm the registration using the link provided in the e-mail that is sent by the system and login using the new credential. The applicant will then apply for a “new project” or “extension” in the corresponding intranet section.
During the application process the applicant will be requested to provide the following information about the project:
Project title, Area of Research, a brief description of the project, the specific activity proposed, an outline of the computational algorithms and codes to be used, an abstract of the project that could be made public by Artemisa, relevant publications of the group and grant references.
The CV of the Principal Investigator of the funded research project will also be requested.
A box “Test Activity” could be ticked, indicating that the UG wants to make an exploratory/trial use of Artemisa. This will be taken into account by the Access Committee when evaluating the application, softening the conditions on acceptance. Resources granted will also be lower.
The type of data in terms of privacy requirements has also to be provided (public, internal use, restricted, confidential).
In the case of an extension of a project active during the preceding period, the applicant can just edit the previous project and reuse the information so as to perform a simplified application.
- The applications will be evaluated by the Access Committee based on the following criteria:
- Quality of the scientific project that requires the use of Artemisa (30%)
- Need of use of Artemisa to carry out the proposed computation (30%)
- Scientific credentials of the research group (20%)
- Previous experience of the group with artificial intelligence and machine learning (20%)
The Access Committee reserves the right to limit the total amount of GPU/CPU time usage for groups in case of serious system overload.
RESOURCE MANAGEMENT INSIDE EACH USER GROUP:
- The applicant is responsible of the distribution of resources among the UG members.
- The communications of IFIC’s Computer Centre about the resources will be made through the UG’s applicant.
- The usage limits of Artemisa are as follows:
- Max ‘home’ space per user: 100 GB, 200.000 files
- Max disk space per user: 5 TB
- Max execution time per job: 24 hours (1440 mins)
These limits could vary if the circumstances so require, either increasing due to higher needs of the user application or decreasing due to system limitations. In the former case, the applicant will have to indicate on the application the additional resources requested, which will be considered by the Access Committee. In the latter case, i.e. system overload, GPU/CPU time usage could be curbed for some groups.
USAGE AND SERVICE TERMS:
Please read, the General Usage and Service Terms.